Gulf Bend Center Services to At Risk Youth Program -- STAR
• Crisis Intervention to help assist families in managing difficult situations
(including 24 Hr. hotline);
• Short-term, goal-oriented counseling to help families develop new skills
using their strengths;
• Case Management referrals to other local resources;
• Skills Training: Parenting, family communication, conflict resolution, anger
management and more.
The STAR Program Strives To:
• Help families resolve crises that threaten their capacity to live together;
• Prevent runaway, truancy and participation in delinquent behavior;
• Help families and youth develop coping skills;
• Help families establish and achieve goals that strengthen and promote their health and well-being;
• Help parents manage their parental responsibilities;
• Ensure the safety of youth who are away from home.
Who is Eligible?
• Children and youth ages 0-17 who are experiencing family conflict, who have runaway or who have been truant.
• Children ages 7-9 who commit any delinquent offense.
• Non-adjudicated youth ages 10-17 who commit misdemeanors and/or state jail felony offenses.
The GBC STAR program is funded by the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, the United Way and the County of Victoria. STAR SERVICES ARE FREE
Universal Child Abuse Prevention Services: Gulf Bend Center STAR also provides Universal Child Abuse Prevention services in the communities we serve. Activities include providing printed material and making public presentations in order to increase general knowledge and awareness of child abuse and neglect, identify available resources, support parents and help reduce the incidence of child abuse and neglect.
Please contact Gulf Bend STAR Program for more information regarding Universal Child Abuse Prevention Services for your group or agency.
Monday – Friday 8 am – 5pm: (361) 582-2347
Evenings, Weekends, Holidays: (877) 876-7827
STAR Program Locations:
Victoria County - Main Office
6502 Nursery Drive, STE. 100
Victoria, Texas 77904
361.582.2347 or 877.876.7827
Calhoun and Jackson County
361.649.9486 or 877.876.7827
DeWitt and Lavaca County
361.649.9511 or 877.876.7827