Health Tip: Meditation Can Help You Relax
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Jun 27th 2016
(HealthDay News) -- Meditation can be a relaxing ritual that helps ease your mind and body.
The Mayo Clinic offers these guidelines:
- Concentrate on breathing deeply and slowly.
- Stay focused on relaxing every area of your body.
- Repeat a mantra, or simply pray.
- Meditate as you walk, focusing on each slow step, rather than on a destination.
- Read something that's personally meaningful. Or listen to soothing music.
- Focus gratitude, compassion and love on a particular person, pet or object.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.