Health Tip: Enjoy Autumn Produce
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Nov 17th 2016
(HealthDay News) -- A slew of nutritious produce makes its debut during the Autumn months.
Here are some Autumn goodies, mentioned by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics:
- Pumpkin, which is rich in vitamin A and fiber. Add it to bread and other baked goods.
- Beets, which are natural sources of nitrates. Enjoy them raw or cooked, and don't ignore the leafy greens on top.
- Parsnips, which are rich in folate and fiber.
- Sweet potatoes, which are rich in vitamin A and fiber.
- Kale, which is rich in manganese and vitamins A, C and K.
- Okra, which is a good source of fiber, folate and vitamins K and C.
- Pears, which are a good source of fiber.
- Cranberries, which help promote urological health.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.