Health Tip: Using a Food Thermometer
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Dec 9th 2016
(HealthDay News) -- Using a food thermometer takes the guesswork out of determining whether food is cooked completely and is safe to eat.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics suggests the right way to use a food thermometer:
- Select the right type of thermometer for your needs, from pop-up to digital to manual. Make sure you follow product instructions.
- Use either ice water or freezing water to make sure the thermometer is accurate.
- Wait the recommended amount of time before you read your thermometer.
- Make sure you know the safe temperature for the type of food you are cooking.
- After using, always clean your thermometer with hot, soapy water.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.