Health Tip: Add Color to Your Food
by -- Diana Kohnle
Updated: Dec 19th 2016
(HealthDay News) -- Adding more color to your foods makes meals more interesting and may add nutrients to your diet.
The American Heart Association suggests how to add color to your plate:
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables to add variety to your meals.
- Roast, grill or saute fruits and veggies.
- Add fresh veggies to mac and cheese, or some fruit to a meal that looks plain.
- Replace meat with veggies, such as mushrooms or eggplant.
- Stay on budget by buying produce in bulk, and freezing extras.
- Read labels to make sure that canned or frozen produce does not contain added sugar or salt.
This article: Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.