(HealthDay News) -- A few basic summer safety tips can help protect your family all summer long.
Here's advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- When on or near water, everyone should wear a life jacket approved by the U.S. Coast Guard.
- Wear a hat with a wide brim, and use sunscreen any time you are outside.
- Even if you're not thirsty, drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Apply insect repellent before you go outdoors.
- Wash your hands frequently.
This article: Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.