Am I Depressed or What?
I am a 26 year old female. I am successful in my career with just finishing up a master\'s degree and consider myself very smart. My problem is this....I am so unhappy that many days and nights I spend the time just sitting in front of the TV crying for no reason. Things and people that once made me happy and smile do nothing for me anymore. I have constant feelings of not being happy and feeling sad. I am married but no longer feel happy in my marriage that I once loved. My husband and family are concerned for me because this is not me. I was once happy and enjoyed being with people and doing things, now I am just sad and want to spend all my time alone. It is starting to effect me. At first I didn\'t think anything of it but now I am starting to get worried about myself. I can\'t stand these feelings of sadness anymore. Do I need medication or counseling?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.