She's Lied About Everything
I met my son's girlfriend almost a year ago. She claimed to be a psychologist in her fellowship year at a major hospital, a 2 time cancer survivor that became pregnant with his child about the time her chemo treatment for bladder cancer ended. She claims to have terminated that pregnancy just before Christmas last year. Since then she's been diagnosed with stomach cancer and as of 6/9/13 given 3-6 weeks to live. Since then she has had her tumor removed via her esophagus and participated in a clinical trial that has virtually eliminated a stage 5 cancer. All of this while maintaining a robust appearance and having no physical signs of treatment or illness.
Their relationship has been a constant rollercoaster of "illness" and accusations of betrayal. My son is at his wits end and I have gone so far as to have her investigated. I have absolute proof that she lied about her hospital position, she's an LVN, she didn't attend the schools she claimed to, nor did she receive an athletic scholarship as a distance runner.
I don't care who she really is but I don't know what to do to stop her from destroying my son's life. He attempted to break it off with her last week and she calmly informed him that she is 12.5 wks pregnant again and intends to keep the baby. During that visit my son managed to take photos of all of her prescriptions which there are about 15 and based on one for prenatal plus along with Odansstron filled on 7-24-13 it appears that for once she may be telling the truth. Based on prescribers listed on her various medications she is seeing approx 6 different MD's and is taking everything from Adderall to Zanex. Ocycodone APAP, Hydrocodone with acetaminophen, Monodox, Indomethacin, Monelukast SOD, Hyoscamine, Omeprazole DR, Urelle Tabs and Budesonide.....
I Loved this young lady. I know my son does still. We have both agonized over her health and I went so far as to send them to HI and Ireland to make her last weeks better for them. I'm still struggling with accepting that she is obviously a very sick girl but now my son's future is in her hands.....
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.