Is this Schizophrenia?
A mother of six is living without food stamps, food and warm clothing. She is also trying to home school her children. They don't have much interaction with the outside world. I am a teacher at a nearby school and have just met this wonderful family and I am very concerned. Mom is able to hold a conversation very well and is able to look after all six children. After talking with her she has explained to me that Jesus has told her to home school her children. He has also told her to become a Saint. And she has also said that Jesus Christ is living inside of her. She explained to me that His silhouette is right in front of her and He talks to her all the time but mostly when she's at home. I am very concerned about this family. I don't know what to do. Any advice? She said she hates doctors. When she had three of her children she delivered them on her own with Jesus. Please help. I don't know who to turn to or what to do. I don't want to break down the trust and the relationship that I have started with her. She doesn't have anyone else.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.