I want to know what my friend suffers. he is constantly lying for no reason. Just to impress people. When you confront him about it , he admits it and tells you that there is no harm in lying if it makes someone happy. He drinks and does drugs but only for attention. He is prepared to do anything as long as he gets attention. His views and opinions on matters are different to every one else's only because it makes people stop and question him and likes that. He promises every girl the same things and feeds them stories which will make them feel sorry for him. It's like he wants to live a life of tragedy and distress. He can't stop talking about himself. It's always how he has been there and done that. He has interests in all aspects of life just so people will think he is all that. Is he suffering from something or is this normal for a 23 year old guy!!
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.