i need help with my sister
My sister Jennifer is very dependent on me. For 1 she can not keep a job of any kind. In the last year she has had at least 20 jobs, and this last job she had she had stolen $50.00 out of their till in front of cameras may i add. She was diagnosed at a young age for adhd. Her life right now consists of 1 friend, which i think she is only their because she is obligated to. In the past 3 Years of my husband and I relationship she has put a wedge between us. We have helped her out so many ways it is not funny, shes lived with us at least 5 times out of the year, because she cannot hold down a job. She is a compulsive liar, and stealer. she can not control it. And when she does anything like lie or steal, she cannot except what she has done, she lies about it. and tells stories. This last job she stoled $50.00 and got fired, and to this day she still thinks she has a job and can not tell me she was fired and why. She will not leave me alone, constantly calling me everyday to help her do this and that. She has used me my whole life. She\'s ruining my relationship with my husband cause she has stolen $1,000.00\'s of dollars from us and doesn\'t care that she did. and hasn\'t owned up to any of it. My sister needs help. When we were babies we were abandoned by our mother and father , and were adopted by our aunt and uncle. Our mother and father did everything from drugs to alcohol while she was pregnant with us. we were both born with alcoholism syndrom please help me.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.