Well doctor, I have a friend (and I am not implying it is me) who is 12 years old. She has some problems with insecurity, she argues with her mom from time to time, and has the usual problems with kids at school. She lives at home with her mom and is an only child. Well, she is a very emotional person, but here is the thing....She talks to the #6 on her dice. I am not joking either. She shares all of her feelings with it. She pulled it out in front of my brother and I and started talking to it. She told it about her suicide attempts, how sad she is and how people don't accept her. I tried to talk to her and she acts as though nothing is wrong with thinking about suicide, or talking to her dice. She said her dice talks back to her. I think she is nuts. How can I help?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.