Chaotic Family Life
I am not sure where to begin, here it goes. I remarried a real nice lady after my first failed marriage of 19 yrs. She is 7 yrs younger than me. She has two kids, one girl 16, and a boy 10, both from her two previous marriages. So I am the step dad and that represents a big problem. I came into these kids' lives with a very positive attitude after raising two boys of my own. The daughter's father disowned her for 6 yrs of her life, because his dad rapes her. The boy's father does nothing but play mind games on this 10 year old, because mom left dad. And I am in the middle. My wife is a very sweet lady, but all of this stress, and her dad dying when she was 18, has added some horrible burden on this woman I married. I know she has some kind of guilt, hate, I don't know? But she becomes very explosive, with anger, foul language, that she always hates to hear from other people, but in these rages, you sure couldn't tell it. I thought it was her periods each month, I would just count, and get ready for hell to hit. She reverts back almost to a kid in her actions, trying to over-talk you, yelling, saying the same thing over and over like a kids nursery rhyme, its very unbelievable, and at times scary. She tells me to get out, leave. I am lost, can you give any insight? Thank you.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.