I don't like to eat.
I am 26 years old, 6'3" tall and weigh 134 pounds. I eat once a day, generally dinner. When I was younger I was naturally skinny. However, around my teen years I basically stopped eating. I have been this way for about 11 years. I don't do it for any particular reason other than I just don't like to eat. I had a grand mal seizure in 2005 that I think could have been due to my lack of eating and I just about passed out the other day while driving; I immediately pulled over and called my dad to let him know my location in case it was another seizure. He told me he was concerned and told me to start eating or go see a doctor. The problem is I feel fine for the most part when I don't eat, and eating is more like a chore for me. What kind of doctor should I go see? A dietitian? I understand I need help, after all, I am a truck driver and would hate for something to happen to where I lose my job, or worse. Thanks.
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Schwartz responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Schwartz intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Schwartz to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Schwartz, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Schwartz and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.