Struggling With Feelings And Thoughts
I have been in therapy for about 2 months I feel still though that I am still struggling with my feeling and thoughts. Each week I go to talk and I always have a new problem in my life to deal with but I never am just happy? I'm starting to even feel like a burden to everyone cause I just can't get it together. I don't even really feel like going to talk cause I just feel like I fail at this too. Sometimes when I'm really upset I feel like I need something more to help me calm down while other times more so now I just feel a bit numb like I don't care either way cause its all to much. What else can I say or do to help myself I'm at the point to even tell my social worker that there is no point in trying at this. Too many topics that are a mess in my life to fix I hate feeling this way Is there anything else I can do?
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.