Would Problems Be Very Obvious?
HI, I just have a quick question relating to mental health. With all the different mental disorders we know about these days, how are people suppose to deal with there mental health? is it simply a case of seeing a psychiatrist when you think something maybe wrong?, or should you look for actual symptoms of things? or should you treat it in the same way that you would you psychical health?? Mental health issues are so shrouded in stigma and superstition, its hard to know how somebody should deal with it. Is it important to think about you're mental health, and make sure nothing is wrong? or would problems be very obvious? or not apparent at all? like in schizophrenia?. I guess its really easy to be a hypochondriac these days, especially with mental health , thanks for you're time
THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION WILL NOT BE DISPLAYED UNTIL YOU HAVE INDICATED YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE DISCLAIMER PRINTED JUST BELOW. CLICK THE 'I AGREE' BUTTON TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND SEE THE RESPONSE.
- Dr. Dombeck responds to questions about psychotherapy and mental health problems, from the perspective of his training in clinical psychology.
- Dr. Dombeck intends his responses to provide general educational information to the readership of this website; answers should not be understood to be specific advice intended for any particular individual(s).
- Questions submitted to this column are not guaranteed to receive responses.
- No correspondence takes place.
- No ongoing relationship of any sort (including but not limited to any form of professional relationship) is implied or offered by Dr. Dombeck to people submitting questions.
- Dr. Dombeck, Mental Help Net and CenterSite, LLC make no warranties, express or implied, about the information presented in this column. Dr. Dombeck and Mental Help Net disclaim any and all merchantability or warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or liability in connection with the use or misuse of this service.
- Always consult with your psychotherapist, physician, or psychiatrist first before changing any aspect of your treatment regimen. Do not stop your medication or change the dose of your medication without first consulting with your physician.