Child & Adolescent Services
Often, it’s hard to know why a child is consistently unhappy, angry, aggressive, or anxious or why a child persistently behaves in ways that are just not acceptable. If your child is having emotional or behavioral difficulties, Child & Adolescent Services at Gulf Bend Center offers a broad range of resources for children with adjustment and behavioral disorders.
Services are provided to eligible children, adolescents, and families to assist in coping with mental illnesses and serious emotional and/or behavioral disturbances. Services can be provided in the school, home, community, office, or other location preferred by the family.
A case manager and/or treatment team will work with the child and family to meet goals, provide treatment, and help work toward a vision of success.
• Targeted Case Management – Link, refer, and assist families with resources in the
community and to help meet needs.
• Skills Training/Psychiatric Rehabilitative Services – Skills are taught to help meet goals using evidence based curriculums and include working with the youth, as well as the caregivers and family.
• Medical Services – Includes psychiatrist and nurses services.
• Family Partner- Support for parents from a peer with lived experience
• Counseling- provided by Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs)
• YES Waiver- Medicaid Services Waiver that allows for more intensive community-based services to assist children and adolescents with severe emotional disturbances to live in the community with their families.
YES Waiver Brochure
YES Waiver Provider Brochure
• Assist children and families in managing symptoms and behaviors to improve overall health and wellness
• Assist children and families in working toward reaching their personal goals for success
Children and youth ages 3-17 who:
• Have a mental health diagnosis
• Exhibit serious emotional, behavioral or mental disorders; and have a serious functional impairment;
Services offered to residents within Gulf Bend’s seven county service area (Refugio,
Lavaca, Dewitt, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, and Calhoun). *Individuals will not be denied
access to services based on current address or ability to pay.
Please refer to the Required Documentation sheet for more information on required