Mental Health Services
Many individuals face mental health challenges every day and don’t know where to turn for help. Adult Targeted Case Management/Psychiatric Rehabilitation services are provided to aid customers in identifying their goals for an improved quality of life. Services are tailored to meet individual needs while assisting the customer in developing skills and locating resources to increase their ability to be successful in their chosen environment.
To make an appointment or for general information about Gulf Bend Center’s mental health services, call 361.575.0611 or toll-free 800.421.8825.
• Crisis Response – Available to any person in crisis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 24 Hour Toll-Free Crisis Hotline: (877) 723-3422
• Intake Screening / Diagnostic Assessment – An evaluation by our professional staff to determine the presence and severity of mental illness, treatment needs and eligibility for services.
• Information & Referral – We provide an explanation of and assistance with accessing community, state, federal and private services needed or desired by individuals or families to help with their problems.
• Medical Services – A team of professionals including psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners and nurses deliver services to our mental health and intellectual & developmental disability populations.
• Skills Training – Case Managers work with customers to educate about symptoms related to their mental health diagnosis, medications, and coping skills with the goal of improved functioning.
• Psychosocial Rehab/Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services - promotes recovery, community integration and increased satisfaction by developing skills for success in their living, working, learning, and social environments.
• Supportive Housing – Assists customers in choosing, obtaining, and maintaining regular housing.
• Supported Employment – assisting customers in finding and keeping gainful employment
• Medication Management – Includes psychiatrist and nursing services.
• Medication Training & Support - Services by a Registered Nurse (RN) that focuses on the use and management of prescribed psychotropic medications.
*Individuals will not be denied access to services based on current address or ability to pay.