Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (IDD)
Most individuals seeking services want support to continue living with their family or in their own community. We can place people on an interest list for long term services and supports called “waiver programs.”
Those in need of immediate services and supports can be enrolled into a program funded by general revenue that provides respite and service coordination Once their name reaches the top of the interest list for waiver services, we determine eligibility and complete the enrollment process.
• Enrollment into services such as respite and supported employment
• Determining eligibility for IDD services and supports by obtaining a DID for the individual.
• Providing referrals to community resources for income, medical services, specialized therapies, respite, and transportation.
• Placement on the Texas Home Living Waiver or Home and Community-Based Services interest list.
• To provide information about services to other organizations that serve the IDD population
• Assist families that are seeking Long Term Services and Support
• Link families and individuals to other available services
Services are offered to residents within Gulf Bend’s seven county service area: Refugio, Lavaca, Dewitt, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, and Calhoun. *Individuals will not be denied access to services based on current address or ability to pay.
Please click on the links below for information on other programs/services offered under Intellectual & Developmental Disability Services:
Community First Choice