Crisis Intervention services are interventions provided in response to a crisis in order to reduce symptoms of severe and persistent mental illness or serious emotional disturbance and to prevent admission of an individual to a more restrictive environment.
Screening and Crisis Response is available to any person in crisis residing within Gulf Bend Center’s seven county service area, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
24 Hour Toll-Free Crisis Hotline: 877.723.3422
Crisis Intervention Services Include:
- An assessment on the degree of danger an individual poses to self or others;
- The coordination of emergency care services in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code;
- Behavior skills training to assist the individual in reducing stress and managing symptoms;
- Reality orientation to help the individual identify and manage their symptoms of mental illness;
- Providing guidance and structure to the individual in adapting to and coping with stressors.
- Crisis intervention services may be provided to:
- An adult; or
- A child or adolescent
- Must be provided one-to-one
- May be provided:
- On-site; or
- Must be provided by a QMHP-CS
- May not be provided to an individual who is currently admitted to a CSU
- May be provided to an individual who is currently admitted to a CSU
- May be provided to an individual without first obtaining authorization from the department or its designee in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code
- May be provided without a treatment plan described in the Texas Administrative Code
Fees: Services are available regardless of ability to pay