(HealthDay News) -- Intense summer heat can be downright dangerous.
To help protect yourself, the American Red Cross advises:
- Don't leave a pet or child in a closed car.
- Drink fluids throughout the day, even if you're not thirsty. Skip drinks that contain alcohol or caffeine.
- Eat frequent, small meals.
- During the hottest times, stay indoors and postpone exercise.
- Dress in lightweight, lightly-colored, loosely-fitting clothing.
- If you must work outside, do so with a buddy.
- Check frequently on family, friends, neighbors and pets.
This article: Copyright © 2017 HealthDay. All rights reserved.