(HealthDay News) -- Hotter temperatures bring people outdoors, but they also bring insects out of hiding, says NorthShore University. From mosquitoes to ticks, the summer months are a hotbed for bites from these insects.
To protect against summer bugs, NorthShore recommends:
- Don't apply perfumes, and avoid scented soaps.
- Stay away from stagnant water and wooded areas.
- Avoid wearing bright clothing and flowery prints.
- Dress appropriately when in a wooded or grassy area.
- Don't walk barefoot in the grass.
This article: Copyright © 2019 HealthDay. All rights reserved.