The Crossroads chapter of the military veteran peer network is a program that assists Veterans and family members facing the many challenges of life after the military. There are currently programs for counseling, camaraderie, fun, training, and assistance navigating resources and benefits. Gulf Bend Center also partners with local veteran groups, businesses, and entities willing to sponsor events.
- Assist veterans identify and utilize local, state, and federal programs and benefits
- Assist veterans in transitioning from military to community life
- Provide camaraderie and trust among veterans, peers, and the community
- Group and one on one peer led counseling
- Referrals to outside services and assistance
- Job placement and rental assistance
- Jail outreach and mentorship program
- Monthly events for veterans and their families
- Transition and community integration services
Services are offered to all veterans within Gulf Bend’s seven county service area: Refugio, Lavaca, Dewitt, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, and Calhoun. *Individuals will not be denied access to services based on current address or ability to pay.
If you are interested in becoming a Peer Mentor or would like more information about services available to Veterans contact the Veteran Support Services:
Veteran Support Services
If you are experiencing a crisis, please contact the Veterans Crisis Hotline: 800.273.8255
Mental Health, Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities & Substance Use Issues
24-Hour Crisis Hotline: (877)SAFEGBC or (877)723-3422