The Wellness Community is apartment housing for individuals who are 18 years of age and older and whose quality of life is lowered due to chronic mental and physical illness. It is a community designed to help individuals learn healthy behaviors that will improve overall wellness and quality of life. Residents of the Wellness Community live independently in one-bedroom apartments in a setting that promotes a sense of responsibility and self-respect. Transitional Housing, as well as long term occupancy, options are available.
The guidelines of the Wellness Community support resident safety, health and well-being. The services that are offered, promote healthy lifestyles along with the development of healthy social supports and interactions.
- Support residents’ recovery from mental illness and chronic health conditions
- Assist individuals in transitioning to stable, affordable housing within the community
- Assist individuals in obtaining employment
- Teach residents skills on how to maintain independent housing and employment
- Classes to teach healthy living, fitness, and cooking
- Nursing consultations
- Rehabilitation skills training
- Supported employment and housing
1009 N. Nimitz
Victoria, Texas 77901
Services are offered to adults 18 years and older who live within Gulf Bend’s seven county service area: Refugio, Lavaca, Dewitt, Goliad, Victoria, Jackson, and Calhoun. Potential residents must show current health and or housing risk do to needed improvement in skills and must have the ability to pay rent.
Mental Health, Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities & Substance Use Issues
24-Hour Crisis Hotline: (877)SAFEGBC or (877)723-3422